SKATING COACH WANTED (10/15/2013)
Space City Ice Station, located in southeast suburbs of Houston, Texas, close to NASA and Kemah Boardwalk.
Beaches of Galveston Island are close by! Amenities include a 200'x85' ice surface, pro shop, restaurant, fitness center, dance studio, and figure skating club.
Send resume to: email@example.com
Former U.S. Champion, World Team member, and master-rated coach is seeking to relocate for full-time employment. With over 50 years of coaching experience with multiple U.S. champions and Olympic skaters, he is also a member of both U.S. Figure Skating and PSA’s Hall of Fame.
For job opportunities please call the PSA Office (507-281-5122) and ask for Laura.
Join Our Coaching Staff - $65,000 Guaranteed Minimum base for the first (9/13/2013)
Fairfax Ice Arena is searching for a Competitive Ice Skating Coach to join our coaching staff.
The Fairfax Ice Arena is…
• Located 12 miles from Washington, D.C. in Fairfax County, Virginia— one of the wealthiest counties in the country.
• Offers a 10-week U.S. Figure Skating Summer Training School.
• Competitive figure skating program offers ballet studio, off-ice training, and jump harness.
• We offer over 58 figure skating sessions each week during fall, winter and spring.
• We have one of the largest figure skating schools in the United States.
Over the past 40 years our competitive program has developed Olympic, World, National, Sectional, and Regional skaters.
Do you know of a coach who would be an asset to our team?
Refer a Friend...and receive $1,000 for any introduction that leads to successful employment by Fairfax Ice Arena.
Fairfax Ice Arena
3779 Pickett Road
Fairfax, VA 22031 U.S.A.
Call Henry Weisiger at 703-323-0674 ext 18
Skating Coaches Wanted! (8/28/2013)
The Breezy Point Figure Skating Club, a community-oriented organization, is seeking highly energetic individuals with excellent communication skills to assist in building our skating programs. Coaching positions are open for Beginning Hockey, beginning and advanced Figure (basic skills through Senior Moves in the Field/Free Skating), beginning Syncho and Power Stroking Coaches. This USFS Club is dedicated to teaching community members the love of skating and is forming new classes now.
Please contact Elizabeth Robeck at firstname.lastname@example.org mail your resume to BPFSC P.O. Box 143, Breezy Point, MN 56472.
Skating Director Wanted: SkateQuest (8/28/2013)
Design and implement Ice Shows, Learn to Skate Program, Freestyle, and other special events. Assign group lesson and off-ice instructors. Coordinate the intense ice user and summer camp programs. Develop the Skating Program’s annual budget and ensure it is being met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, formation, and implementation of figure skating and learn to skate programs.
- Coordinate and produce all special event ice shows in the facility and ensure efficient operations of shows.
- Available to instruct classes as needed.
- Maintain a complete set of written policies and procedure with respect to figure skating programs and ensure compliance of all instructors.
- Coordinate program scheduling
- Coordinate on-site skating competitions.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Oversee program administration.
- Advises General Manager of dates and ice time requirements for events, shows, and competitions.
- Responsible for coaches’ payroll and ensuring all fees/insurance forms/contracts are up-to-date.
- Responsible for contracting, discipline, and termination of coaches contracts as necessary.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by mail or e-mail to:
1800 Michael Faraday Ct, Reston, VA 20190
FULL-TIME POSITION: FIGURE SKATING COACH Shattuck-St. Mary's School (8/22/2013)
The full-time Figure Skating Coach would be responsible for team coaching of the Shattuck-St. Mary's Figure Skating Team skaters.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coaching basic skating skills through Senior level + Learn to Skate
- Knowledge of Off Ice Training; Strength & Conditioning, Yoga
- Choreography; test and show programs
- Perform weeknight/weekend duty for boarding program as appropriate
- Graduation from a college or university with a degree in Education/BioMechanics/Dance/Business, or closely related field. Experience may offset lack of college degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Figure Skating Coach
- Working knowledge of IJS Scoring System and 6.0
- Must be USFS and PSA member and pursuing ratings
PSA Program Director ratings preferred
Email cover letter, three references and current resume to: email@example.com. Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Friday, Aug. 30th, 2013 or until position is filled.
Job Opportunities in Wheaton, Maryland
Ice Skating Director
The Montgomery County Department of Parks, Wheaton Ice Arena seeks an Ice Skating Director to perform professional managerial work in the programming and operation of a multi-functional facility with an NHL rink, pro shop, snack bar, locker rooms, weight rooms, party/meeting rooms, and bleacher seating. The Ice Skating Director reports to the Ice Rink Manager and works with staff in developing, implementing, and conducting skating programs and activities, and assists in managing overall ice rink operations.
Building Supervisor/Ice Technician
The Montgomery County Department of Parks, Wheaton Ice Arena, seeks an individual to perform duties as the Ice Technician and Building Supervisor. Primary duties include performing routine maintenance on one National Hockey League (NHL) ice surface, overseeing building operations, monitoring building systems, overseeing maintenance and repairs on ice equipment, supervising staff, overseeing facility contractors, budgeting and tracking expenditures for facility maintenance.
Please visit www.mncppc.org/jobs for more information and to apply.