Fairfax Ice Arena, VA Hiring Part-Time Skating Instructors (11/11/15)
Teaching Group Skating Lessons (Learn to Skate)
• On-ice teaching of all fundamental levels of skating
• Interacting with students and parents before and after
• Performing Evaluations/Tests of skaters
• Promoting our in-house skating programs
Teaching Private Lessons
Why teach at Fairfax Ice Arena?
We have one of the largest skating schools in the U.S. We offer
daily public skating sessions and our group lessons are held on
the following days/times:
Monday: 4:45pm– 6:45pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 11:45am & 4:00pm – 5:30pm
• Daily Public Sessions
• Morning, Afternoon, and Evening Sessions
Please email resumes and/or questions to:
U.S. Figure Skating seeking High Performance Development Director (10/12/15)
U.S. Figure Skating, the National Governing Body for the sport of figure skating, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is accepting applications for the position of High Performance Development Director.
Send letter of application and resume to: Mitch Moyer, U.S. Figure Skating, 20 First Street, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906 or to email@example.com.
No calls will be accepted.
Applicants will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Coaches Wanted (8/24/2015)
Ice Vault Arena in Wayne, NJ is looking for coaches to teach in the Learn to Skate program on Monday, Friday and Saturday.
The fall session begins September 11th. Our LTS program has received the US Figure Skating Basic Skills Program Membership
Recognition Award since 2007 for having over four hundred members yearly in our Basic Skills Program.
Our Saturday schedule offers 2 ½ hours of freestyle, 1 hour of group classes in the fall, 1 ½ hours of groups in the winter,
followed by 2 hours of public session.
Coaches must have current USFS membership, successfully passed a background check, and have liability insurance.
Please contact Karen Cohen-Prosnitz, Skating School Director at: KarenC@icevault.com
Beverly/Morgan Park Sports Complex, a BRAND NEW, state of the art facility on the Southside of Chicago, is looking to hire qualified Basic Skills Instructors. (8/11/15) You will be accountable to BMPSC Skating Coordinator, Facility Director, and SMG Management Hours: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, but may vary dependent on special event or performance needs.
Essential Functions: Provide instruction to youth (ages 3 and up) and adults, demonstrate proper use of equipment, techniques and methods of proper movement. Explain and enforce safety rules. Keep records and help coordinate events.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have passed USFS Free Skate 6, or equivalent.
- Must be a member of U.S. Figure Skating via home club, or BMPSC Basic Skills program.
- Must be SafeSport compliant within 3 months of start date.
- Attend at least one continuing education seminar (in any skating discipline) per year.
- Attend all Figure Skating Staff meetings as organized by Skating Coordinator.
Knowledge, Experience and Personal Traits:
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills program
- Knowledge of generally accepted skating techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other instructors and management.
- Energy, assertiveness, innovation, creativity, and willingness to try new approaches and techniques.
For more information, or to send your resume, please contact Skating Coordinator, Kathy Janik. Kjskate02@gmail.com
SKATING COACH for Iceland's largest figure skating club!! ( 8/11/15)
This is a mid to high level position, for this season with a possibility of an extension.
Candidate must possess good skating skills and experience in coaching competition level skaters.
Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in teaching students of varying levels, both individually and in groups.
Required: Resume or CV in English, at least 3 character references, salary desired and intended intentions for a position like this.
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Send CV or Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Minnetonka FSC is seeking assistant synchronized skating coach (7/22/15)
Coach will work with the four Windjammers synchronized skating teams at the intermediate, open juvenile, pre-juvenile,
and beginner levels.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Recent experience coaching synchronized skating and/or competing under IJS rules as a synchronized skater
- Experience working with youth
- Available to begin in August
- College degree preferred but not required
- Position would require approximately 4-7 hours per week, mostly weekends and weekday evenings
- Assistant coach would work closely with head coach and other assistant coaches to develop team programs,
assist at on-ice practices, run off-ice practices, and provide general leadership to the athletes.
- Pay is based on experience and qualifications
For more information, please contact head coach, Amanda Pearson, at AFrance0610@aol.com.
Resumes can be sent to communications liaison, Jane Hogan, at email@example.com.
Coaches wanted (11/18/15)
Ice Vault Arena in Wayne, NJ is looking for coaches to teach in the Learn to Skate program on Monday, Friday and Saturday beginning January 2016. Our LTS program has received the US Figure Skating Basic Skills Program Membership Recognition Award each year since 2007 for having over four hundred members yearly in our Basic Skills Program. Our Saturday schedule offers 2 hours of freestyle, one and a half hours of groups, followed by 5 hours of public session. Coaches must have current USFS membership, successfully passed a background check, and have liability insurance.
Please contact Karen Cohen-Prosnitz, Skating School Director at: KarenC@icevault.com.