Coaches Wanted (8/24/2015)
Ice Vault Arena in Wayne, NJ is looking for coaches to teach in the Learn to Skate program on Monday, Friday and Saturday.
The fall session begins September 11th. Our LTS program has received the US Figure Skating Basic Skills Program Membership
Recognition Award since 2007 for having over four hundred members yearly in our Basic Skills Program.
Our Saturday schedule offers 2 ½ hours of freestyle, 1 hour of group classes in the fall, 1 ½ hours of groups in the winter,
followed by 2 hours of public session.
Coaches must have current USFS membership, successfully passed a background check, and have liability insurance.
Please contact Karen Cohen-Prosnitz, Skating School Director at: KarenC@icevault.com
Beverly/Morgan Park Sports Complex, a BRAND NEW, state of the art facility on the Southside of Chicago, is looking to hire qualified Basic Skills Instructors. (8/11/15) You will be accountable to BMPSC Skating Coordinator, Facility Director, and SMG Management Hours: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, but may vary dependent on special event or performance needs.
Essential Functions: Provide instruction to youth (ages 3 and up) and adults, demonstrate proper use of equipment, techniques and methods of proper movement. Explain and enforce safety rules. Keep records and help coordinate events.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have passed USFS Free Skate 6, or equivalent.
- Must be a member of U.S. Figure Skating via home club, or BMPSC Basic Skills program.
- Must be SafeSport compliant within 3 months of start date.
- Attend at least one continuing education seminar (in any skating discipline) per year.
- Attend all Figure Skating Staff meetings as organized by Skating Coordinator.
Knowledge, Experience and Personal Traits:
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills program
- Knowledge of generally accepted skating techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other instructors and management.
- Energy, assertiveness, innovation, creativity, and willingness to try new approaches and techniques.
For more information, or to send your resume, please contact Skating Coordinator, Kathy Janik. Kjskate02@gmail.com
SKATING COACH for Iceland's largest figure skating club!! ( 8/11/15)
This is a mid to high level position, for this season with a possibility of an extension.
Candidate must possess good skating skills and experience in coaching competition level skaters.
Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in teaching students of varying levels, both individually and in groups.
Required: Resume or CV in English, at least 3 character references, salary desired and intended intentions for a position like this.
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Send CV or Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Minnetonka FSC is seeking assistant synchronized skating coach (7/22/15)
Coach will work with the four Windjammers synchronized skating teams at the intermediate, open juvenile, pre-juvenile,
and beginner levels.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Recent experience coaching synchronized skating and/or competing under IJS rules as a synchronized skater
- Experience working with youth
- Available to begin in August
- College degree preferred but not required
- Position would require approximately 4-7 hours per week, mostly weekends and weekday evenings
- Assistant coach would work closely with head coach and other assistant coaches to develop team programs,
assist at on-ice practices, run off-ice practices, and provide general leadership to the athletes.
- Pay is based on experience and qualifications
For more information, please contact head coach, Amanda Pearson, at AFrance0610@aol.com.
Resumes can be sent to communications liaison, Jane Hogan, at email@example.com.
Skating Club of Jackson Hole, WY seeks a Director for skating program (7/17/15)
- Salary negotiable between $28,000-$35,000.
The program includes managing coaches, teaching lessons, shows, competitions, test sessions, summer camp, and clinics.
With help from a part-time assistant the Director handles Club and program administration.
- Professional coaching experience
- USFS and PSA membership
- A Flexible work schedule
Key background and qualifications sought:
- Skating and Coaching experience
- Excellent People Skills
- Capacity to motivate, challenge and inspire
- Experience in designing, promoting, and managing a skating program
- Familiarity with the uses, management, and politics of skating rinks
- Safesport compliant
For more information, see www.skatingclubofjacksonhole.com.
The club figure skating team at the College of Saint Benedict (6/29/15)
is seeking an IJS consultant/choreographer for the upcoming 2015-2016 season.
Preferred qualifications are:
1) one year previous synchronized skating coaching experience
2) one year experience with IJS system
3) PSA & USFSA member in good standing
4) ability to demonstrate all skills at that Open Collegiate level 5) excellent oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities would include:
1) construct and choreograph synchronized skating program for competition season that adheres to all IJS rules
2) monitor IJS rule changes throughout the season and recommend changes to advisor and/or president to adjust program
3) host 1-3 (depending on ice availability) weekend sessions early in the season at the Municipal Athletic Complex in St. Cloud to set and choreograph program 4) work with team advisor and club president to recommend costumes, competition and performance plans.
Payment for these consultant/choreographer services would be $40/hour.
If interested, please contact coach Alexa Evenson 320-363-5295 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Yankton Area Ice Association(6/23/15)
Yankton, SD is seeking part-time figure skating instructors for 2015-16 season. YAIA supports 50-70 figure skaters per season, in beginning through competitive skating levels. Instructors must be willing to become ISI certified. Reimbursement for certification fees is available. Responsibilities include coaching regular skating classes Tuesday/Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings, coordinating routines for end-of-season ice show, judging and assisting with local competition, providing private lessons to skaters, and attending regional competitions with skaters. Contact Pam Erickson at 605-660-3774 or email@example.com for more information or to submit an application. Visit our website at www.yanktonice.org.
Elk River, MN Figure Skating Club looking for Specialty Coaches (6/4/15)
The Elk River FSC is in need of additional energetic, motivated coaches of all ages to advance our current skaters skills and help us continue to grow our club.
We are currently looking for coaches specializing: Dance, Moves in the Field, Jumping/Spinning, Conditioning, and Choreography.
You would have the opportunity to work in conjunction with our coaching staff as well as have the opportunity to build your own skater population.
This is great opportunity for a young coach that excelled in a specialty area or an experienced coach looking to add some additional income by offering his/her specialty experience.
Please send your resume to:
Heather Palumbo firstname.lastname@example.org or Janice Persyk email@example.com