(3/23/2017) Fairfax Ice Arena is seeking Elite Ice Skating coaches:
- Guaranteed salary up to $100,000
- Relocation Allotment up to $5,000
- 1-year housing allowance up to $10,000
- Visa assistance offered for international coaches
WHY RELOCATE TO FAIRFAX ICE ARENA
- Year round skating facility with dedicated freestyle sessions
- One of the largest skating schools in the U.S.
- Affluent area with parents committed to success for their athletes
- Off-ice room for jump technique, strength and Ballet
- Run your own academy and choose your own skating team
- Sectional/Nation coaching experience or National skating experience
- Well rounded choreographer with strong technical background
- Vision for developing training curriculums and goals for skaters
Email resumes to: email@example.com
(3/8/2017) The Huntsville Skating School and Training Academy in Huntsville, Alabama, is seeking a skating professional to join our coaching staff. HSSTA offers activities to include Learn to skate USA, Bridge, both recreational and competitive programs, and Theatre on Ice. Additionally, we have annual shows, competitions, and multiple camps throughout the year. There are 30 hours of weekly ice, year round.
The candidate requirements include:
- Regional/Sectional coaching experience preferred
- Extensive choreography experience
- PSA ratings a plus
- Theatre on Ice coaching experience
- Active member of U.S Figure Skating and PSA
- Strong focus on continuing education
- Management and marketing experience desirable
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(3/7/2017) Synchronized Skating Program Director and Head Coach Positions
The Cleveland Edges Skating Club is seeking a Synchronized Skating Program Director and Head Coach to begin immediately. The roles may be filled by multiple people. To be eligible for consideration for either role, the candidate should have an enthusiasm and love for synchronized skating, good sportsmanship, and a strong work ethic. Additionally, they should be organized, detail oriented, able to collaborate with others, and have experience communicating with athletes, parents, and other interested parties.
The duties and specific qualifications of each role are as follows:
- Able to develop long-term goals for the organization and a strategic plan to reach them.
- Oversee tryouts and determine competitive teams fielded.
- Identify, recommend, and schedule competitions for each team.
- Oversee and approve each team’s competitive “plan”, including choreography, music, and costumes.
- Develop and implement a parent education program.
- Lead the development and implementation of team policies, rules, and contracts.
- Assist with implementing a program for recruiting and training new skaters.
- Develop a retention plan for the current athletes.
- Assist with the development of team budgets.
Head Coach Role
- Must meet the U.S. Figure Skating coach compliance requirements.
- Prior experience coaching at both IJS and 6.0 levels. A minimum of 5-7 years of experience is preferred.
- Experience building a complete competitive program for their team.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of synchronized and of U.S. Figure Skating.
- A working knowledge of basic nutrition.
- Willingness to continue their own coaching education.
- Able to work with athletes in a wide range of ages. Generally, ages 4-18
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to Mike Powers at email@example.com.
About the Cleveland Edges
Based on the west side of Cleveland, OH, the Cleveland Edges is one of Cleveland’s longest established Synchronized Skating Clubs and has been thriving for over 25 years.
Please visit online at www.clevelandedges.com, @Cleveland Edges Skating Club on Facebook, and @clevelandedges on Twitter and Instagram
(2/15/2017) Full Time or Part Time Coach Needed!
Yorktown , Virginia – The historic triangle (Yorktown, Williamsburg, Jamestown)
Located on Virginia’s Peninsula, 3 hours south of Washington, D.C., 45 minutes north of Virginia Beach, VA
We seek a figure skating coach who has a strong background in the following:
1) Completed Junior USFS Freestyle test
2) Competed at USFS national level
3) Has had students pass intermediate USFS freestyle or higher
4) Has had students compete at sectional or national level
5) Has a strong desire in developing the highest level of figure skating
Salary available for the right candidate
Job Type: Full-time
Teaching: 5 years
Please send confidential inquiries to:
Henry Weisiger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hampton Roads Iceplex
401 Village Ave, Yorktown, VA 23693
(2/9/2017) Dubuque Figure Skating Club in Dubuque, Iowa is seeking an individual or individuals to join our coaching staff. We are a young club seeking a coach who works well with others and will be dedicated to the growth and advancement of our program and skaters. We are open to welcoming high-level competitive skaters to train in our beautiful facility. Early morning and daytime ice are readily available.
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be willing to teach Learn to Skate (1 evening and 1 weekend morning per week)
- Be willing to take on students in a head coaching role including test sessions and competitions
- Administrative and Marketing knowledge a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
(2/8/2017) The Cleveland Skating Club is seeking a skating professional with extensive choreography and coaching experience to serve as Artistic Director for our well-known annual ice show, Theatre on Ice team, and to coach individual skaters beginning June 2017.
- Guaranteed contract!
- Private sports club with over 40 hours of prime-time figure skating ice weekly
- Extensive off-ice facilities including a full fitness center and ballet/aerobics studio
- Home to one of the oldest and largest annual ice shows of its kind in the country, dating back to 1936 and featuring world class guest stars
- Located minutes outside of downtown Cleveland, a thriving, affordable city famous for its museums, theater district, orchestra, and championship professional sports teams!
For a full job description and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(1/9/2017) Fairfax Ice Arena is seeking ice skating coaches:
-One of the largest skating schools in the country (days: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat)
-Daily Freestyle Session (Morning/Afternoon)
-10 weeks of Summer freestyle times
Ideal Candidate has:
-Competitive Skating Background
-Passion for Developing skaters
-Strong Jump Technique
Email resumes to: email@example.com
(1/5/2017) SKATING DIRECTOR & COACHING POSITION
Glacier Skate Academy is looking for a Skating Director/Coach
The Glacier Skate Academy operates out of the Stumptown Ice Den in beautiful Whitefish, Montana.
GSA offers a full range of programs including Learn to Skate, Bridge Program, Power Skating and Competitive Figure Skating. The club is the only year round skating program in Montana. This is a great opportunity for a couple that team coach to transition to Montana and step into a great new up and coming program.
Position: Skating Director
The position, commencing on April 1st, 2017 will serve GSA and its skating members in overseeing the operations of all Skating Club programs. The applicant must be committed to expanding and developing the current skating programs. Must have the ability to work in an established team coaching environment.
Duties and Responsibilities as Skating Director
o Provide leadership and coordination for the GSA programs and special events such as annual Holiday Ice show, Summer Ice Shows, Club Competition, Awards Banquet, Guest Coach Seminars, etc.
o Develop and coordinate promotion of all club programs.
o Act as Coach Liaison between the Board of Directors & Coaching Staff
o Communicate with skaters and parents
Monthly director compensation available to qualified candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities as a coach.
o Be able and willing to coach learn to skate, bridge program and competitive skaters.
o Develop yearly plans for competitive skaters to help them reach their goals.
o Be able to teach skaters through senior moves in the field and freeskate.
The candidate requires the following qualifications:
o National level competitive skating experience
o Regional/Sectional or National Coaching experience
o Ice Show/Choreography experience desirable
o Management experience desirable
o Skate sharpening experience desirable
o Active member of USFSA & PSA
o Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
We will be accepting resumes from January 3rd, 2017 - January 23rd, 2017.(11:59pm MT Standard Time)
Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Skating Director
(12/28/2016) The Figure Skating Club of Omaha is looking for an energetic Professional Coach to teach all levels of competitive and recreational skating.
FSCO is a well-established, year-round program with private lesson
coaching ice 6 days per week plus Learn to Skate USA classes and Bridge Program.
Be part of a welcoming and supportive team coaching environment.
Must be a PSA Member, ratings a plus.
Send resume to:
Skating Director - Andrea Kunz-Williamson at email@example.com