(4/4/2017) Shattuck-St. Mary's School is looking to hire a Synchronized Skating Coach for their 2017-18 Synchronized Skating Program, which includes both Competitive teams of Junior, Novice and or Intermediate team levels.
Shattuck-St. Mary's School is a 6th – 12th grade boarding and day school, establishing academics and competitive figure skating for more than a decade.
We are looking for a professional, experienced coach who will continue to expand and build upon our Junior level synchro team at Shattuck-St. Mary's School.
Please send inquiries and resumes to: email@example.com.
Check us out on Facebook at SSM Synchronized Skating, on Twitter @SSMfigureskating, and on our school website: www.s-sm.org
(4/4/2017) Glacier Skate Academy is seeking Ice Skating Director/Head Coach:
• We operate out of Montana's only year-round ice rink with dedicated freestyle sessions.
• We currently serve over 250 youth from Learn to Skate through various competitive levels to the Novice level.
• Our seminars/camps have brought Olympic talent like Paul Wylie, Scott Davis and Jeff Langdon.
• Our professional ice shows have brought talent like Ryan Bradley, Eric Palin/Alexandra Young (Disney on Ice), and Broadway singer, Eric Krop.
• Our rink is 20 minutes from Whitefish Mountain Resort (ranked #11 in the Nation by Ski Magazine 2016 National Poll), 5 minutes from Whitefish Lake, 30 minutes from Glacier National Park, and 20 minutes from Glacier Park International Airport.
Duties and Responsibilities as Skating Director
Provide leadership, oversight, and coordination for:
• Developing long-term Academy goals and creating a strategic plan to achieve those goals
• Determine with Board of Directors Annual Budget
• All programs: from Learn to Skate, Bridge Program, Power Skating to Competitive Figure Skating
• Special events: annual holiday and summer ice shows, club competition, awards banquet, and guest coach seminars/camps
• Expansion and promotion of all club programs
• Liaison between the Board of Directors, coaching staff, rink management, and general public
• Communication with parents and skaters
• Review, recommend and implement an off-ice program
Duties and Responsibilities as Head Coach
• Vision for developing training curriculums and goals for each skater
• Review, recommend, and schedule competitions for skaters
• Provide choreography and facilitate guest choreographer with skaters/parents
• Coach skaters from Learn to skate through Senior Moves In the Field and Free Skate
• Work in an established team coaching environment and continue to foster it
• Continue their own coaching education
• Sectional or National level coaching experience or skating experience
• Strong technical background preferred
• Gold Medalist in Moves In the Field and Free Skate preferred
• Ice Show direction and production experience preferred
• Management experience desirable
• Active member of USFSA & PSA
• Skate sharpening experience desirable
• Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
Competitive compensation information available by request - No percentage of coaching hourly rate paid to rink
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Skating Director/Head Coach
(3/23/2017) Fairfax Ice Arena is seeking Elite Ice Skating coaches:
- Guaranteed salary up to $100,000
- Relocation Allotment up to $5,000
- 1-year housing allowance up to $10,000
- Visa assistance offered for international coaches
WHY RELOCATE TO FAIRFAX ICE ARENA
- Year round skating facility with dedicated freestyle sessions
- One of the largest skating schools in the U.S.
- Affluent area with parents committed to success for their athletes
- Off-ice room for jump technique, strength and Ballet
- Run your own academy and choose your own skating team
- Sectional/Nation coaching experience or National skating experience
- Well rounded choreographer with strong technical background
- Vision for developing training curriculums and goals for skaters
Email resumes to: email@example.com
(3/8/2017) The Huntsville Skating School and Training Academy in Huntsville, Alabama, is seeking a skating professional to join our coaching staff. HSSTA offers activities to include Learn to skate USA, Bridge, both recreational and competitive programs, and Theatre on Ice. Additionally, we have annual shows, competitions, and multiple camps throughout the year. There are 30 hours of weekly ice, year round.
The candidate requirements include:
- Regional/Sectional coaching experience preferred
- Extensive choreography experience
- PSA ratings a plus
- Theatre on Ice coaching experience
- Active member of U.S Figure Skating and PSA
- Strong focus on continuing education
- Management and marketing experience desirable
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(3/7/2017) Synchronized Skating Program Director and Head Coach Positions
The Cleveland Edges Skating Club is seeking a Synchronized Skating Program Director and Head Coach to begin immediately. The roles may be filled by multiple people. To be eligible for consideration for either role, the candidate should have an enthusiasm and love for synchronized skating, good sportsmanship, and a strong work ethic. Additionally, they should be organized, detail oriented, able to collaborate with others, and have experience communicating with athletes, parents, and other interested parties.
The duties and specific qualifications of each role are as follows:
- Able to develop long-term goals for the organization and a strategic plan to reach them.
- Oversee tryouts and determine competitive teams fielded.
- Identify, recommend, and schedule competitions for each team.
- Oversee and approve each team’s competitive “plan”, including choreography, music, and costumes.
- Develop and implement a parent education program.
- Lead the development and implementation of team policies, rules, and contracts.
- Assist with implementing a program for recruiting and training new skaters.
- Develop a retention plan for the current athletes.
- Assist with the development of team budgets.
Head Coach Role
- Must meet the U.S. Figure Skating coach compliance requirements.
- Prior experience coaching at both IJS and 6.0 levels. A minimum of 5-7 years of experience is preferred.
- Experience building a complete competitive program for their team.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of synchronized and of U.S. Figure Skating.
- A working knowledge of basic nutrition.
- Willingness to continue their own coaching education.
- Able to work with athletes in a wide range of ages. Generally, ages 4-18
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to Mike Powers at email@example.com.
About the Cleveland Edges
Based on the west side of Cleveland, OH, the Cleveland Edges is one of Cleveland’s longest established Synchronized Skating Clubs and has been thriving for over 25 years.
Please visit online at www.clevelandedges.com, @Cleveland Edges Skating Club on Facebook, and @clevelandedges on Twitter and Instagram