(10/4/2017) The Bjorninn Skating Club, located in beautiful Reykjavik Iceland, is seeking a Head Coach for the 2017/1018 season and beyond.
This is a remunerated position that includes both on ice and off ice duties, commencing December 1st 2017.
Bjorninn Skating Club is committed to providing high quality programming in a fun and environment for all our 120 skaters.
The candidate requires the following qualifications:
• Previous Coaching experience from the grassroots through elite level athletes
• Ability and desire to coach all levels
• The applicant must be enthusiastic, reliable and energetic with good organizational skills
• Experience teaching from double Axel through triple Lutz
• Experience coaching within the international judging system
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work with skaters, parents, other coaches and board members
• The applicant must be committed to maintaining and developing the current skating programs
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and coordination for the clubs programs and coaching staff
• Provide group and private lessons
• Oversee the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly scheduling in cooperation with the Board of Directors
• Provide leadership and coordination for special events such as Christmas and Spring shows, local skating performances, Summer Camp and Coaches Seminars
• Ensuring quality off-ice training
• Overseeing other skating coaches of the Club and any off-ice staff brought in
• Prepare music and programs for competitive skaters in the club
• Provide proper preparation of our skaters for national tests
• Take on responsibilities within the Coaches Committee of the Icelandic Skating Association
• Prepare and/or revise skating program annually or as needed in co-operation with the Board
The coach needs to be willing to work with the Icelandic National Team and represent Iceland at international competitions.
All interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com
(9/20/17) ROCHESTER FIGURE SKATING CLUB, MN
JOB OPENING - Learn2Skate Director Position
RFSC is currently looking for a qualified person to fill the role of Learn2Skate Director. The selected candidate would provide leadership, day to day management of the program and the success of the program.
This is a year-round part-time position requiring a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
The position is subject to an hourly rate (ranging from $32/hour-$40/hour) commensurate with qualifications for the on-ice sessions and a fixed rate for administration. The Learn2Skate Director will be able to supplement the salary with private lessons income.
For more detailed information https://www.rochesterfsc.org/club-information/employment-opportunities
(9/15/17)The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), a six-time National Recreation and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner, is seeking an Assistant Skating Director to work within Montgomery Parks at Cabin John Ice Rink in Rockville, MD. Please visit www.mncppc.org/jobs for more information and to apply.
(9/6/2017) Huntsville Skating School and Training Academy
Huntsville Skating School and Training Academy
Benton H. Wilcoxon Municipal Ice Complex
Seeking a skating professional to join our coaching staff.
HSSTA offers activities to include:
- • Learn to Skate USA
- • Bridge
- • Recreational and competitive programs
- • Theatre on Ice
Additionally, we have annual shows, competitions, and multiple camps throughout the year. Approximately 30+ hours of ice weekly, year round.
Candidate requirements include:
- • Regional/Sectional coaching experience preferred
- • Choreography experience desired
- • Active member of U.S. Figure Skating and PSA with ratings
- • Strong focus on continuing education through PSA ratings
- • Must be a U.S. citizen
About our city!
- • Nicknamed the “Rocket City”- home of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- • Centrally located between Nashville, Tennessee and Atlanta, Georgia
- • 3rd largest city in Alabama
- • Mountains, lakes, woodlands and the Tennessee River accommodate numerous recreational activities
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(9/5/2017) Seeking Ice Skating Coach in Chelsea Piers, CT
Job Title: Ice Skating Coach
Reports to: Skating School Director
Schedule: TBD. Must be available to work weekends
Salary: Based on experience
Start Date: Immediately
• Must be at least 16yrs of age.
• Must have a current USFSA Membership
• Must have current insurance for the 2017-2018 Season
• Must possess knowledge of USFSA Basic Skills programing
• Ability to skate well, figure Skating experience preferred
• Must be reliable and responsible
• Participate and teach Chelsea Piers skating school programs.
• Follow the protocol and curriculum set for by the skating director.
• Maintain open and professional channels of communication with the skating director.
• Communicate consistently with students regarding schedules, practices, and other activities.
Interested candidates should submit an application to:
Chelsea Piers Connecticut LLC
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Chelsea Piers Connecticut LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Employee Referrals Encouraged*
(8/7/2017) Florida ice rink now hiring full time coaches.
Year round 2-sheet skating facility with dedicated freestyle sessions.
Off-ice available for jump technique, strength and ballet.
Become part of a coaching team working together to improve the skaters.
Direct opening for coaches with:
- Sectional / National Coaching experience or national skating experience.
- Well-rounded choreographer with strong technical background.
- Able to develop and create training curriculums and goals for skaters.
- PSA and U.S. Figure Skating member.
- Good knowledge of U.S. Figure Skating and ISI programs.
Please send resume (all inquiries will be kept confidential).
EMAIL RESUME to email@example.com
(8/7/2017) Fairfax Ice Arena in VA is seeking ice skating coaches:
-One of the largest skating schools in the country (days: Mon. – Thurs., Sat)
-Daily freestyle session (morning/afternoon)
-10 weeks of summer freestyle times
Ideal Candidate has:
-Competitive skating background
-Passion for developing skaters
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(7/19/2017) Join the Jones Center’s Skating Team
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, and experienced coaches
to join our team at The Jones Center in Springdale, Arkansas.
The Jones Center is located in downtown Springdale in the heart of
Northwest Arkansas. The 220,000 sq. ft. recreational facility boasts
an ice rink, Jr. Olympic size swimming pool, newly renovated fitness
center, gym, ballet and gymnastics studios, and much more.
• Professional Skaters Association and U.S. Figure Skating
• Ability to coach in both private and class settings
• Focus on impeccable customer service and communication
• Focus on being a team-player
• Focus on continuing education and pursuing PSA Ratings
• Experience with Learn to Skate and U.S. Figure Skating
Please submit resumes to Robin Aprea at email@example.com
or 479-756-8090 ext. 2302
Northwest Arkansas is the home to three Fortune 500 companies: Walmart, Tyson Foods, and JB Hunt.
Joining the coaching team at The Jones Center provides a unique opportunity to
build a strong competitive U.S. Figure Skating program.
(06/13/2017) Now Hiring! Full-time Scott Hamilton Academy Coordinator
We’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic coordinator to join our
Scott Hamilton Skating Academy team at Ford Ice Center in Antioch, Tennessee!
Amongst our list of qualifications that can be found in the link below, we are
looking for the following in our new Scott Hamilton Skating Academy Coordinator:
- • Professional Skaters Association & USFSA Memberships
- • Knowledge of USFSA Basic Skills and ISI programs and instruction
- • Ability to skate & instruct clients
- • Ability to work nights, long hours on event days, weekends and holidays
- • Ability to deliver outstanding customer service and respond to customers
inquiries in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies.
(6/19/2017) Resident Choreographer and Senior Coach Wanted Fairfax, VA
- Guaranteed salary up to $100,000
- Housing Allowance
- Visa Assistance offered for International Coaches
- Relocation Allotment offered
WHY RELOCATE TO FAIRFAX ICE ARENA
- Year round skating facility with dedicated freestyle sessions
- One of the largest skating schools in the U.S.
- Affluent area with parents committed to success for their athletes
- Off-ice room for jump technique, strength and Ballet
- Run your own academy and choose your own skating team
Email questions/resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-323-1132